Nose End & Windscreen Access
A wide range of activities take place in both the manufacture and the maintenance of a train set on or around the windscreen area. These can range from replacement of a full windscreen panel to wipers and headlight maintenance.
A variety of road types are found within depots and manufacturing sites from floor mounted rail, centre and side pit roads and raised rail. AV Access Ltd have developed a range of Windscreen Access Platforms that can accommodate one or even all three types of road that occur.
The main advantages of the AV Access Ltd Windscreen Access Platform are:
- Increased levels of staff safety
- Improved access to windscreen
- Robust construction to suit the railway environment
- Floor and/or rail mounted
- Profiled decking to suit shape of car
- Aluminium or steel construction
- Non conductive GRP designs can be developed.
- Parking jack option available
- Designed to suit each depots specific needs
Nose End Access
Carriage nose end access can often be as important as the access required around the windscreen. Many operations can take place inside the carriage and good access is essential to ensure acceptable productions rates whilst still maintaining high levels of safety. With the use of levelling jacks, a jacking castor system and rail wheels, one unit can work on any combination of roads.